2016 Church Council
Barbara Williams, President
Russ Long, Vice President
Chairman, Congregational Growth
Marc Williams, Secretary
Kay Winnett, Treasurer
Chairman, Parish Life
Mary Lou Waitschies, Financial Secretary
Chairman, Outreach Ministries
In the Lutheran Church, the Church Council is the group of lay members elected by their fellow parishioners to serve with the Pastor as the leadership and governing body of the Church.
Through monthly and other special meetings, the Pastor and Church Council are responsible to set and oversee the vision of ministry for the Church, and to conduct the business of the Church as required by Canon or civil law. All committees, commissions, or other church groups and their ministries come under the oversight of the Church Council.
Church Council members are expected to....
• Attend regularly scheduled meetings of the Church Council (the 3rd Wednesday of every month)
• Pray daily for the church and its ministry
• Support and encourage the Pastor and Staff
• Maintain responsible communication (which excludes gossip or hearsay) with the congregation
• Participate in special events and gatherings of the parish as best as possible
• Serve on one of the committees of the Church Council
• Be a pledging member of the parish
• As much as possible, be a visible participant in regular worship of the parish